Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Monday, July 16, 2007

Midnight Worship

Last week Charlotte was having a hard time sleeping one night. She had a cold and felt miserable. I was up with her 9 times between 11pm and 1am. She was frustrated and shouting that she could not breathe. I tried everything to get her to calm down and go to sleep from medicine to Holy Water. All I wanted was to go to sleep myself. I was getting frustrated because nothing I was doing was helping her. I finally decided to try worship as a solution. I sat next to her bed, invoked the Lord and started singing Holy, Holy, Holy. As I sang, my heart and mind were calmed and the idea of reading to her came to mind. So, at 1:45am I poured Charlotte a cup of warm milk and honey, curled up on the couch and read her a chapter from "B" is for Betsy. Within ten minutes she was peaceful and slept all night. As I entered into worship the knot in my stomach and the knot of this situation came easily unravelled. Praise You, Lord.

No comments: