Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day of Prayer and Fasting

I began this morning with a prayer service at 7am. Thanks to our friends Dan and Sandy getting their family up and over to our home at 6:30 am, I could go to the service while the rest of the Fawcetts slept. The Morning Prayer and Eucharist is a regular occurance at our Ministry Center, but today's service was dedicated to specific prayer for our family. Over thirty people gathered and offered precious prayers on our behalf. I was blessed and encouraged beyond belief. One prayer was something like, "John is a man like Zechariah who knows only a fine line between this life and the life of glory. John has taught us and brought us into this reality many times through worship. May his son, Josiah, have this gift and excede him in it. May both of the children see the reality of these two worlds meeting as You, Lord, reach down and heal John's body." I am thrilled to receive prayers for healing for John and blessing for our children.
These are difficult days. All of us are under a lot of stress and we need prayer and support to live our days in love instead of frustration. Thank you all for your prayers. The prayers of the saints are with us.
We arrived at the Cancer Center at 10am this morning for a day of treatment. John's Hemoglobin is 7.6, which is up from 7.0 last week. He will now receive two units of blood which will take four hours. I am working on the bulletin for tonight's service from the treatment room and sneaking in a little blog around the edges.
Between his naps, I am reading John the prayers I received from many of you for this special day. We are looking forward to the service tonight as well. May the Lord fill us all with his presence as we seek his face for healing today.

4 comments:

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

From the gospel of John:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.[b]

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

God bless you today. (Jeanne of At a Hen's Pace sent me)

Anonymous said...

Margie and John,

I thought the prayer time was NEXT Tuesday, but in rereading Mary's note from yesterday, I see the date is today. Nevertheless, the Lord drew me into a very special time of praying for John this morning, and gave me three verses which I prayed, and which I will share with you.

2 Cor. 5:7 "Walk by FAITH and not by sight." Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful reminder to do this, for your guidance through this uncharted territory in their lives. Thank you for the admonishment to not look at the very-visible circumstances and facts, but rather to look to YOU only, at all times. Thank you for the encouragement and the enabling of them to walk in this way and to continue going forward in faith, believing...

2 Cor. 4:16 "Therefore we DO NOT LOST HEART. Even though John's outward man is perishing, yet his inward man is being renewed day by day." ... spiritually, AND PHYSICALLY -- cells, organs, bones, blood, tissues.

2 Cor. 4:7 YOU, Lord, are the treasure and the Glory in the weakened, earthly vessel of John's body. The excellence (superiority, excess, preeminence) of the power in him is YOU, O God. YOU are at work in him to accomplish ALL things according to YOUR will.

Is. 58:8 May John's light break forth like the morning -- his light, his glory -- and his "healing SPRING FORTH SPEEDILY!! Jesus, You are John's righteousness, and You go before him. And You, LORD God, are his rear guard. HALLELUJAH !!!

Margie, I ended up just writing you most of what I wrote for John in my journal today.

It is a grace to know where you are (at the hospital, with John, his receiving blood transfusions as you work towards this evening's service). Your writing has allowed many of us to 'enter in', to accompany you and John more closely today.

Even more life-giving than the blood, may John and you receive literal transfusions of spiritual life and health as you receive the prayers of many this day, and God's outpouring of His mercies and His power upon John.

With love,
Christy Fonvielle

Anonymous said...

John and Margie, you two are beautiful beyond description. Over the years since Wheaton I've relished seeing and knowing the incarnate Christ through the faces, hearts, lives of my friends. Last night, at the service of healing prayer, God with Skin showed up in a particularly brilliant, vibrant, loving way in both of you. As we worshipped together and beseeched the Lord for healing, I saw Christ palpably present in both of you.

Christ in John as he prayed for Margie, Charlotte and Josiah.
Christ in Margie as she held John’s hand and whispered in his ear.
Christ in John as he rested and confessed.
Christ in Margie as she encouraged all of us to hold up holy hands in the Name of Life. Christ in both of you as you sang and prayed, surrendered and praised with wisdom and beauty.

As I stood beside you, a chorus kept nesting in my heart. It was as if the Lord told me, “This is my song for John and Margie. I rejoice over them with singing; and to my Glory and in my Name, you can rejoice over them with song because they hold the Hope and Healing of my Son in their souls. In the name of Jesus, I sang the song in my heart for both of you last night. And this morning when I awoke, I sang it at the piano loud and strong with all my love and hopes for you bouncing around the room.

You are beautiful beyond description, too marvelous for words,
too wonderful for comprehension, like nothing ever seen or heard.
Who can grasp your beautiful wisdom, who can see the depths of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Christ in you is Lord above.


Loving you,

Sal

Annie said...

Hi Margie,
I used to attend Church of the Resurrection and have since moved. During my time there, I was really blessed by John's worship-leading and your counseling and prayers. I prayed for you all yesterday morning, and I asked God for a verse from Scripture to give you. I think God gave me this one, Isaiah 40:31: "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." I also thought of the chorus of the song based on that verse: "And He will raise you up on eagles' wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of His hand." So I have been singing/praying those words for you all; your family is continually on my heart and in my prayers.

-Annie Reed