Part of regaining his strength has involved eating healthy and delicious food. As I mentioned in my Breakfast of Champions post, High Protein Pancakes are daily fare here. I promised that recipe in response to numerous requests to add recipes to my blog. I know this may seem odd to those of you who are reading The Fruitful Vine for health updates only. However, the title of the blog, The Fruitful Vine reminds me that my life is about more than my husband's illness. In a desert season, I must abide in the vine and continue to be fruitful. I have other responsibilities, one of which is creating a home. One of the things I love about creating a peaceful and nurturing home is cooking.
These pancakes were discovered by John's sister Katherine in the Mennonite cookbook More-with-Less (Herald Press, 1976, p.76.).
They are very thin, but pack quite a nutritious punch. Hope you enjoy them!
High Protein Pancakes (or Waffles)
Serves 3
Combine in a blender:
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup oil (not olive)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
Whirl at high speed 1 minute. Bake on lightly greased griddle or waffle iron.
Option: Beat well with mixer instead of in blender.
Recipe contributed to More-with-Less by Danita Laskowski and Alice Lapp of Goshen, IN.
2 comments:
Margie,
I am thankful and value your continual efforts to abide. Your integration into the vine of Scripture is an encouragement.
Thank you,
David Malone
The JOY of cooking! Love the recipe...I'll let you know how it goes over at the Mac house :)
It is breathtaking to see God's miraculous hand in healing John’s body.
The new pictures are delightful!
Love to ya’ll…Julie for all the Mac’s
Post a Comment