John asked his Mother this morning as he was struggling to get dressed and out the door, "Do people survive this?" We said, "Yes. They do. And you are surviving this, too."
The simplest things are difficult for John. Getting to the bathroom or sitting up for a meal can be exhausting. So getting dressed and out the door to the hospital is an enormous expenditure of energy for him.
We are at the hospital now. His hemoglobin is up to 8.4 after the blood he received on Tuesday. He will receive two more units of blood today to boost him for the weekend.
John's father sat next to his bed this morning and read the Daily Office.
I am feeling better already with antibiotics pulsing through my system. I don't feel terrible, but I still have no voice. Please pray that my voice will return so that I can minister to John. My favorite thing to do is sing to him.
If you missed the post about my brother, check it out below. (It posted on TR.)
Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Margie--
I often find myself not knowing how to pray for you and John, longing to know your specific needs for THIS day or THIS hour. Today I felt the Lord leading me to pray a sort of "Jesus Prayer", or Fawcett Prayer, for you. Each breath in is JOHN--Lord continue to fill Him with your comforting presence, your healing. Each breath out is MARGIE--Lord, continue to help her to release her fears to you, to give blessing to John and the children.
My breathing has slowed and deepened in this day as I have physically petitioned the Lord for you. I trust that the Holy Spirit who intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words, can take these breaths of request and give to you what He alone knows you need in each moment.
Much Love,
Lisa Enoch
margie--
my heart is breaking for you and John and the little ones, and, well, the whole family, really. i love you guys so much and miss you a lot. please pass my love on to john for me. i am praying for you both.
--susanna (fix)
Dear Margie:
You do not know me, but I am at Church of the Rez about three times a year when I come home to Glen Ellyn to visit. I attended Rez before moving away in 1994, and I make a point of being back particularly for all of the Easter services.
John doesn't know me either, but I knew who he was all these years because of his music at Rez. And also because I would be in the library at Buswell during visits.
I knew that John was sick, but I did not know all the details.
This past October, I was at Rez, and I had just taken my seat after the Eucharist. One of the things I love most about Rez is simply sitting there in Glenbard Auditorium watching everyone -- all different shapes, sizes, colors -- go forth and partake of the Eucharist. There's something so moving about all of us -- so different, and yet so much the same in so many ways, needing Christ.
I usually sit there, watching, thinking, being so grateful to be home at Rez, which is, indeed, the home of my heart.
This past visit, as I sat there, I suddenly glimpsed John moving forward to drink from the cup, and in an instant, of course, I realized that he was gravely ill, much more so than the last time I saw him (last Easter).
And there was something in that movement. Something in his stepping forth and reaching for the cup, that closed my throat.
It was his faithfulness. it was his steadfast faithfulness, evident in that forward step, in that reaching, that I saw, that I recognized, that I felt -- and that I knew was what life is all about. And I knew, too, in that moment, that Christ held John, that Christ knew of his faithfulness.
My throat just closed up in an instant and tears sprang to my eyes, the kind Frederick Buechner talks about, the kind you least expect, the important kind.
I have prayed for John often since that Sunday in October. And you.
Please do me a favor and tell John that I saw his faithfulness that morning. He doesn't know me from Eve, but I saw his faithfulness.
And it was a holy moment.
I pray that the love of Christ holds you safely, securely.
My very best,
Debbie Pope
HI , You don't know me, but I was at the last PCM at Wheaton in June. I cannot express what is in my heart anymore then to say, Thank you for sharing your story, it moves me closer to the Lord each time I come to this blog spot. God has me praying for John, and for you as well Margie. much love, sandy
Yes, Margie. I am praying that you regain your voice. I still get chills when I remember your singing at Easter Vigil awhile back. You have the voice of an angel. I'm praying that John will soon hear it again.
Post a Comment