We had a quiet weekend with no earth-shatteringly new developments. John was thrilled to make it to church this morning. I can tell he is feeling better because he has the energy to be bored. He said tonight, "I did not move to this room to die. That is not what is happening." More power to you, John. He is fighting for life with every ounce of energy he has. And when he has no energy I see the Lord holding him in His hands.
Our kids are doing great. They are excited about Christmas and having Mimi and Paw Paw here. They love to visit with Daddy a few minutes each day. I have included a few photos from last night. Charlotte is trying out the bell that Daddy uses for "Room Service." Josiah is sampling the fruit.
John's blood clot must be shrinking because the swelling is going down. So much to be thankful for.
And for those of you who were wondering:
Garden Quiche
Sally's Cinnamon Rolls
Honeydew and Oranges
Hot coffee
(Thanks Sally aka Meals on Wheels)
PS. Please scroll down to see the lovely gift of poetry we received this week.
3 comments:
Praise the Lord!
We love you so much.
Kurt and Taryn
Margie
Thank you for your faithful blog. At times it must feel like just one more thing to do, but it does help those of us in far away places (and no doubt, there in Chicagoland as well) to pray for you all.
I've only met you once, but knew John back in the early 90s especially. I've heard of John's illness through a mutual friend, and we've been praying here in London for your family. It's heartening to see how many people are praying for you all; may the Lord continue to bring glory to himself in and through you.
May you feel the encircling arms of the Lord this day giving you strength, peace, and joy.
Amy Boucher Pye
Dear Margie,
You continue to inspire me with your perseverence and grace. I have had Charlotte and Josiah on my heart and have been praying for them especially. I am so thankful for the community of love around all of you, so that C and J can remain "in the moment" during this season of the Lord's coming. May God continue to strengthen you to stay in the moment with them.
Love,
Karen Scandrett
Post a Comment