As I wrote last time, John has been experiencing tremendous pain. Although we are not thrilled about the results, it is good to now know what is causing this pain. He had an MRI last night and they found a "dramatic" lesion at Lumbar 2 which is obliterating the space in the canal and squeezing the nerves. Dr. Hantel said, "Is he able to stand?" I said, "Yes. He can stand and walk, but both with pain and for a short time." When you hear an oncologist say, "dramatic" you pay attention. We are on our way out the door at this very minute to begin the radiation. As I left our bedroom to come across the hall and write this note, John was praying, "Alleluia, Lord. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. A million miracles are going on in my body all the time. I am able to walk through more than they know." We are grateful that John is able to walk and that there is an immediate intervention that will take off some of the pressure. Obviously, this is not going to "cure" the problem, but we need this help to preserve his mobility.
And for me, I am grateful that I was able to weep a little this morning. Sometimes I just can't bring up the tears and I really NEED to, so I don't get migraines and what not. Also, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for a husband that is crying out to the Lord in the midst of this valley. Thank you, Lord, for John's trust in You. His faith is helping me along, too.
By the way, at the eleventh hour, John's parents decided NOT to leave. They have been here all week. This Monday, Bill will return home to Brazil. Mary will stay on throughout the radiation. Thanks be to God.
Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you for the update. Now we can pray with more specific understanding. Love, Martha
Praise the Lord. God has answered at least one of my petitions for you all, that Mary would stay on and contintue to work her nutritional wonders on John. Yippee! And Alleluja. May John's body be healed by the Holy Spirit's indwelling presence and God's glorious plans for John's future. Mario
Here from Brazil we are praying for John and his precious family. We trust in the name of the Lord our God. ( Psalm 20). Be strong!
We all love the Fawcett family. Even Charlie prays for your regularly. Thanks for the update. Love, the Covingtons
Post a Comment