a time to be born and a time to die,
I'm not sure if Zinnias can take this much exploration, but its worth the risk!
I am grateful for Charlotte and Josiah for many reasons. Right now I am grateful to focus on more than my losses. They want to learn, grow, explore, laugh, run and play. As Charlotte ran through the yard with friends yesterday, my neighbor remarked, "Charlotte is an inspiration to the entire neighborhood!" The children's lives are shaped by Daddy's illness, but Daddy's illness does not define their lives. I'm not sure I would have the fortitude to keep an outward focus if it were not for these two beautiful faces.
Charlotte showing off her own seed tray! So far, her favorite parts are watering and thinning.
Josiah playing in the laundry basket.
John's parents went home to Brazil yesterday. We miss them. They bring so much love and support when they come. Our family, church and friends that live in the area are helping constantly. My parents have virtually lived here for the last 24 hours. I don't know what I would do without them. Last time Bill and Mary left for Brazil I counted how many people helped us in the first week after they had gone. 29. TWENTY-NINE different people helped us in one week. Isn't that unbelievable? That doesn't count my parents who did ten different things in one week: taxes, childcare, laundry, meals, rides, changing sheets, groceries, etc. We are surrounded by a loving community.
Charlotte and I at Kindergarten orientation.
I just had to get a photo of this. This is Charlotte's outfit of choice for touring her future Kindergarten classroom. Hot pink mini-skirt with neon anklet, three bracelets, a huge pink ring, a dangling pink necklace and la piece de resistance: dramatic 3" green and gold earrings. She also did her own hair and put on lipstick.
My heart is heavy for John. His body is so... broken. He has been having incredible pain in his lower ribs. Our nurse, Sue, told us this week that young men are notoriously difficult for pain management. They under-report their pain therefore its hard to help them find the right level of medication to help them regain activity. John's pain was severe coming to dinner tonight. His face was taught and tears filled his eyes. He pointed to the place he was feeling pain. There was a new tumor I had not seen before. It breaks my heart to see his skin bulging with tumors. When a new tumor is visible it often means the mass has gained enough ground to break the rib.
We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us;
5 comments:
Oh, those beautiful faces, Margie!
Charlotte and Josiah are gifts of JOY and LIFE and ENERGY . . . running around on little legs. I love them! As they bless you; so have they blessed me.
I will be praying for comfort and pain relief for John.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Loving all of you,
Crazy Aunt Sally
Oh Margie - seeing your husbands tumors break him - actually seeing it... now I know better how to pray. We will continue to pray.
Your family is an inspiration to me. I'm a friend of the Faubs in Greensboro. We are praying for you and your precious little ones. Today's post was so lovely! Your Ecclesiastes quote and CS Lews quote were beautiful- you really have a great way of pulling together words, pictures, and ideas. May the Lord make his mercy new every day for you and may He ease John's pain!
Blessings-
Jen Thomas
the joy of the Lord is expressed in so many ways...our children have provided such hope.
Lord, thank you for your deep love and care for the most inimate parts of our lives.
love,
julie mac
You are such a good mom, Margie! You are truly bearing fruit in a desert place.
Continuing with you all in prayer,
Annie
Post a Comment