Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Monday, April 21, 2008

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed

Over the weekend John felt that the Lord was calling him home. I think he expected that he would die immediately. John is surprised every time he awakens.



One thing I love about this journey is that it continually teaches us that WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL!!

Every day ordained for John was written in God's book before one of them came to be. Nothing can snatch him from the palm of God's hand-- not even his own sense of freedom to go.


Charlotte was thrilled to see that Daddy was coming up the stairs for worship.

Tonight we gathered a few friends to worship and pray.


John coming up as Sally was coming in.


Our original plan was for the worship to be upstairs. John would open his bedroom door downstairs so that he could hear the music, but he would remain in the bed. He was inspired by the gathering and came up to join for a bit.



When Garments of Praise started, Josiah ran to his instrument box and came out with his drum.

Randy and Ty asked the children what songs they like to sing. They played a few of the children's favorites. Charlotte's first request was, "No More Dying There." We sang Soon and Very Soon with tears and smiles.





During quite moments of intercession, John received wonderful prayer.


And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory,

are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory,

which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3: 18

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." John 14:1

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

Psalm 40

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margie,

Again, I will say, you are beautiful, my friend! Thanks for an incredible evening of worship last night at your home.

Yesterday morning, as I was praying for John, God gave me two words for your man: CHOSEN & BELOVED.

Last night, as we prayed together, God gave me two more words for John: HOLY & BLAMELESS.

Early this morning, I was reading and praying that John would know and feel the promise of being:

CHOSEN
You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, you belong to God (1 Peter 2:9)

BELOVED
You are God's chosen, holy and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)

HOLY & BLAMELESS
For he chose you before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight (Ephesians 1:4)

And I can't help but pray Deuteronomy 33:12 for John as well:

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.

I am loving you & John, Charlotte & Josiah. And while there is still breath, I'm asking the Lord for a miracle,

Sal

At A Hen's Pace said...

John & Margie--

What a blesing it was to be with you both last night.

I am still praying that the deep, deep love of Jesus will fill your hearts and your home, sustaining you through suffering.

And what a wonderful promise, that all John's days were written in God's book, before one of them came to be! We are still praying for complete healing, that his days may be long in the land.

My readers are praying for you all, too--

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the Beauty of His Holiness.
" 'For I have satiated the weary soul,
and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.'
Upon this I awaked and beheld, and my sleep was sweet unto me." Jer. 31:25-26
In His Love,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Margie:

I'm Jeanne's sister-in-law, sent here by her blog. I met you and your precious family at church during my visit a couple of months ago.

I just stopped and said a prayer for you. May the peace that passes all understanding be with you and yours during this time.

Summer

Anonymous said...

Once again, John and Margie, as you walk through this Valley of the Shadow of Death, you are doing it for all to see how Even Death has Lost it's Sting!!!! Not that the pain, fear and loss any of us (including John) experience isn't completely real, agonizing and fearful, BUT THE BREATH OF LIFE AND ETERNITY BLOWING THROUGH AN OPEN WINDOW OF TIME DURING THAT WORSHIP LAST NIGHT IS EVIDENT FOR ALL TO SEE AND EXPERIENCE IN THIS BLOG! I have, and I thank you all immensely for it. PLEASE KNOW JOHN AND MARGIE THAT WHETHER THIS IS A DEATH UNTO LIFE HERE OR, AS JOHN BELIEVES HE HAS HEARD, INTO ETERNITY, THAT YOU ARE HAVING A BEAUTIFULLY LONG AND DRAWN OUT HOLY CHRISTIAN DEATH! (I first heard this from Leanne Payne, though it is an old classic Christian Truth.) WE NEED TO WITNESS MORE OF THESE IN THIS GOD-FORSAKEN AGE! Once again, John, your ministry of healing and worship which you have had for more than half your life is extending itself to many even in your dying moments (if this truly be so). As Margie has stated, God is in charge no matter the outcome, and he is being glorified in you; Praise be His Name! (All this I say with deep mixed emotions that are quite hard to put into words.)

I love you John and Margie,

Mark McIntyre