Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Grief is unpredictable. This was one of the hardest days yet. Now that school has started and our summer events are behind us, reality came knocking. I woke up with no energy to start the day. Looking around at the dishes in the sink, the clothes from the trip that need to be put away, the train tracks on the floor... it all seemed magnified. I stayed in my PJs until 5 pm. The only reason I got dressed then was because I had to attend the burial of a chipmunk. Our neighbor found Chippy floating in her watering can. She helped the kids dig a hole and cover Chippy with dirt. Both kids said prayers.
Charlotte wasn't feeling well this morning. I told her the only way she could stay home from school was to be sick enough to need a nap. We all went to sleep and napped the entire afternoon.
When we got up from our naps there was a FedEx box on the porch. I called my friend Julie who had sent the box. She said, "Do you want to open it while we talk on the phone?" I opened the package and found a box of homemade chocolate chip cookies. I could not hold back the sobs. I love homemade chocolate chip cookies, but that isn't why I was crying. It was a moment of grace. I was hurting and lonely and a friend sent me a box of love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My dearest friend,
Oh,to live closer to you and send you a box of love every day. I know each day brings new challenges but you know what?? You are strong in Jesus name...He does not raise you up to let you fall. Being a "single parent" is not easy but even more beinga single parent that is alone is even harder. Praise God you are NEVER alone nor forgotten nor forsaken. You are cherished, rememberd with joy, loved beyond measure and hoped for by all of us..but most of all by our Father.
Much love to you...Ihave to go..its almost time to go for our "designated appointment" Will call as soon as our little man is here.
Avigail
Cookie grace. I can smell it, taste it.
Love you, Margie. Peace and strength today.
Love,
Debbie
Chocolate always helps, doesn't it? Margie, may the Lord come along side you today and as school gets into full swing.
Love you lots,
Michelle
Margie Dearest,
I know that God sends His love to you everyday through the smile and optimism of Charlotte and the hugs of Josiah. I pray that He will continually fill you with His grace and mercy.
And please know and believe Margie that love is sent to you everyday..and save a cookie for me!
much love and blessings,
Um beijo
Sandra Fatio
São Paulo, Brazil
Dear Margie:
You've been on my mind all week. Praying for you and the children that God would envelope you in new ways with the certainty of his great love.
-Kirsten
Tears are in my eyes. God Bless You!
Post a Comment