Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Saturday, September 20, 2008

How do you spell D-A-R-L-I-N-G ?

I know... its been a while.

Thank you for the calls and emails to check in and see if I'm OK... the Fruitful Vine being so... bare these days.

There are so many things on my mind that I would like to write about, but I honestly can't gather up the energy to do it. I parcel out my energy to make it through the day and then that's it. Writing blogs at midnight no longer seems possible. Up until this point I am grateful that I have been able to do the essential things each day. Could things be more organized and tidy? Could we eat less Macaroni 'n' Cheese and more steamed broccoli? Sure, but I think basically my kids are loved and cared for and Charlotte makes it to school each day. While I'm on the topic of school, let me share a few of my favorite Charlotte school quotes.



1. "Oh Mommy! I can't wait to see what Mrs. Kremers and Mrs. Blackburn are wearing today."

2. "I do not like school." Why not? "Because I do not know the Pledge of Allegiance."

3. Charlotte has to come up with four words and illustrations for the letter of the week. This week we did "I." Her words were Ina (as in the gourmet chef Ina Garten), in, inn and inch. She said, "I can't wait until we get to the letter "R" so I can write RUMP.

4. Maddy's Mom came up to me on the playground and said, "Maddy said this morning, "I know Charlotte is the fanciest girl in the class." Now that Charlotte is the fanciest girl, she has a reputation to maintain! She doesn't leave the house without some form of sparkle.



She's lucky I don't care about fashion. If I did, I would never let her out of the house in the things she wants to wear!

5. On the way home from school yesterday, "Mom, I've been praying for you at school everyday. If we have plain prayer or popcorn prayer I pray that you will feel better and stop crying."
6. "Can I call you Elizabeth?"

7. "I would like straight, white-ish hair. Can you blow dry my hair straight everyday?"


Straight? Are you kidding me?


This is the hair after 20 minutes of blow drying and four ounces of gel.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margie,

We have loved your writing and affirmed your great insights and all that you have to offer others with your giftedness and candor. But more than that, we love you and want you to thrive. So . . . do whatever that entails and don't worry about us and the blog!! It will always be here and so will we. May the Lord give you full freedom to love, be loved, grieve and be 'wept with' by those closest and dearest to you and the kids.

Love,
Mark McIntyre

Smith said...

Margie, I wondered if this post would show back up. I saw it Friday night? and then it was gone. Charlotte says the most hilarious things, and I love how much personality she has. Thanks for sharing what's on her heart and yours. You're right that what the kids need is love and real-ness from you, not clean dishes and steamed broccoli. Hang in there, have grace with yourself, and know that so many of us are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Fancy Nancy has NOTHING on Fancy Charlotte!

I love you, Margie . . . especially the way you embrace the simple joys and the tears.

Wanting to embrace it all with you,

Sal

Anonymous said...

Darling is the word - thank you for these little glimpses of your day-to-day. I'm taking fashion tips from Charlotte - she has the eye for all things fancy, and the flair to get away with it!
May you sense God's upholding as you do what you can. My prayers are with you. Grace and Peace - Rachel M.

Anonymous said...

And what are you doing about the white-ish color hair. I'm looking forward to when she realizes she can color her hair :) And you say you don't care about fashion...

love,
julie mac

Unknown said...

Hooray for Charlotte being the fanciest girl in school! Hooray for her individuality! Hooray that she can't wait to say (oh my gosh!:o) rump! Oh just hooray all around for her most beautiful smile. God bless Charlotte for remembering to pray for her precious Mom. Hooray for Margie..for loving her children, for macaroni and cheese and for God's love shown through you.

Margie, don't worry about writing or keeping up with anything. You do popcorn prayers and leaving in the curls! May God's peace continue to surround you and bless all of you.
um beijo,
Sandra Fatio
São Paulo, Brazil

Debbie Pope said...

I love your fancy, sparkly little girl! And I laughed out loud at her wanting to write RUMP.

The pictures are wonderful, Margie, and I send love your way.

Debbie