My prayer group went on a retreat this weekend. This is our Second Annual Care-n-Share overnight. (Don't even get me started on the name Care-n-Share. All I have to say is, it wasn't my idea. I preferred Bushwhackers for Truth) I requested this gathering for my birthday last year and now its a tradition. I have been praying, laughing, crying and growing with these gals for fifteen years. We have been through graduations, weddings, childbirth, celebrations, illness and now death.
Last year we drove to Wisconsin for the retreat. This year we stayed local. We wanted to capture every moment possible... without travel. We talked for eight hours the first day.
These girls carried on all night.
What's a girl to do with such wild and crazy friends?
On Sunday we went to a Forest Preserve to read the scriptures and pray for each other. It was a wonderful, refreshing time away. I am thankful. At the same time, getting away made coming home all the harder. I am in a wave of deep sadness and nothing seems to be able to draw me out. I know its bad when the only thing I really want to do is sleep. Speaking of... better get to bed.
8 comments:
Sweet Margie,
I'm so glad you had a time away with Sandy and Laura...an occasion for refreshment and renewal. There is nothing like great friends that help you along the journey.
love,
julie mac
I ask this question only out of sincere concern: are you seeing a doctor you trust? It's natural and normal to feel sad in your circumstances, but sleeping all the time is one of the symptoms of actual clinical depression, a medical problem that can at least in part be treated medically. You should be sure to get yourself checked out . . .
we continue to pray for you margie! If you ever need another night out with the girls just call us. We would love to babysit. Making time for friendship is so important and also so difficult sometimes to prioritize
Anonymous--
Margie met the two gals pictured in this post when they were all at Wheaton working on their Master's degrees in Psychology & Counseling!
So she's well-equipped and supported. I'm sure she's grateful for your honest concern.
(Margie, feel free to delete this if you'd rather answer yourself. Just thought maybe it would be helpful if someone else did. ~Jeanne)
Margie--
So glad to hear of your retreat. What a blessing you three must be to each other!!!
I wanted to tell you that today, I was reading to my middle boys from the Catherine Vos Child's Story Bible, and it was the passage about Elijah being taken up in the chariot of fire. I couldn't get through it without tears. It reminded me so much of John, and Mendelssohn's Elijah, and what he said to my dh, and what you described just before he died. I reminded the boys of all that, and it affected us all as I read. John was such a unique and amazing servant of the Lord--like Elijah. What a powerful image.
You are continually in our prayers--
Jeanne
I second the babysitting offer! Kurt and I would love to help.
Blessing, dear one.
Taryn
Margie,
What a blessing to be with friends who you can share with and you know who care. Also did you know you have a lot of crazy friends in this whole world..I'm one of them!
You are a lovely, beautiful woman Margie and I know that God holds you so dear to His heart..we all do...and remember...John is waiting and saving you a specail seat at the "breakfast table."
um beijo
Sandra Fatio
São Paulo, Brazil
Duder--
OK, puleeessseee. You would post the pic of Laura and I falling out so obnoxiously and you, sitting over on the other chair like such a little cherub!!!!!!!!!!! That hardly fits with my memory of the weekend....
Also, I take FULL credit for the brillant "care-n-share" name...it has stuck all these years. :)
Seriously, you know that I am crazy about you, as we walk through all things together.
Love, me :)
Post a Comment