It was a warm and colorful autumnal day as I drove to Naperville to collect John from the hospital. The doctor was satisfied with the progress John made overnight. He was willing to release him knowing that he has appointments scheduled for outpatient care on Thursday and Friday. I was thrilled to gather up all of his personal items and start the homeward process.
Speaking of gathering his personal items, now that this experience is in the past, I will let you all in on a Fawcett family secret. My husband is HIGH MAINTENANCE. If you haven't seen the movie that popularized that phrase, let me just say that HIGH MAINTENANCE applies to anyone for whom a happy stay away from home includes: a box fan, a fluffy pillow, two types of yogurt, freshly sliced papaya, organic honey-sweetend rice pudding, immune support cereal, fresh apple,carrot,and celery juice, an empty Baja Fresh cup, long underwear, white and black socks, an anti-embolism stocking, three forms of reading material including the former and current issues of the First Things Journal, five prescription medications, six non-traditional health boosters, toiletries, cell phone, and the daily Eucharist. We walked out of the hospital with three bags full of personal items and he his total stay was less than 24 hours.
I love this man. He is sensitive in every way, which leads to this type of finaticism about feeling "at home". It also leads to an ability to listen to his own heart and to the voice of God in a way that inspires me to worship and prayer, laughter and love.
Feeling full of IV fluids and what not, John had a burst of vitality. I drove him straight from the hospital to his office. He just had to check into things at work. After dinner and a short nap at home, we went to the concluding night of Redeemed Lives Wheaton.
Let us bless the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praise the Lord! He is so good. What an answer to prayer.
And I know how John feels about feeling a little at home at the hospital. The thing that makes me feel most at home when I'm there is when Kurt brings my toothbrush from home--it's an electric toothbrush, and when my teeth are cleaned with my own toothbrush and toothpaste, I feel like I can maybe make it through the hospital stay. And ask Kurt about the numerous pieces of reading material... I need options! ;)
I love you guys. It was such a blessing last night, to see you and worship with you.
Taryn
Oh, what great news! The kids and I have been praying fervently.
Glory to God.
Jeanne
Post a Comment