Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Friday, November 16, 2007

The Thousand Gifts



Thought I would share a wonderful way to keep our eyes on the Giver of all Good Gifts! Check out this beautiful blog and lovely article about making a list of a thousand gifts from God. http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/2006/11/gift-list-thousand-things.html I have started mine. I am on number 39. Here is a snippit from her writing, but please check it out yourself.

It is the beginning of the list season: lists of menus, lists of hand-made projects, lists of addresses, lists of baking goodies ... lists of gifts.

I too begin... but only, currently, one list: A List of a Thousand Things, beginning with #1. I am daily jotting down items on my Thousand Gifts List, working, one-by-one, up to a thousand gifts. Not of gifts I want. But of gifts I have.

Researchers studying those who kept gratitude journals concluded:

At the end of the 10 weeks, participants who’d kept a gratitude journal felt better about their lives as a whole and were more optimistic about the future than participants in either of the other two conditions. To put it into numbers, according to the scale we used to calculate well-being, they were a full 25 percent happier than the other participants. Those in the gratitude condition reported fewer health complaints.


Check out this blog for more!
http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/2006/11/gift-list-thousand-things.html
http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/2006/11/gift-list-thousand-things.html

1 comment:

At A Hen's Pace said...

Margie--

I am so glad you discovered Ann's blog! Isn't she an incredible writer? And so profoundly inspiring!

You ought to link to her blog, if you know how, so that others can go visit her from here, and also as a way of crediting her. (Highlight her name or her blog name and then click the symbol, on the tool bar at the top of the post window, that looks like a chain. A window will pop up. Copy and paste her URL, or web address, in it, hit OK, and you've linked to her. --My apologies if you knew all that already!)

Blessings to you all--

Jeanne