Is it possible for things to be going well and not so well all at the same time?
I believe it is.
We are deeply well.
We are looking up to the Lord and learning daily how to cast our cares on Him. We are comforted with the peace of Christ throughout each day. Those who are near us are constantly caring for us and giving of their love. We are blessed beyond what we can describe. John was able to lead the worship for Rez's men's retreat. He was stirred, strengthened and honored to lead these faithful men. He is also totally exhausted and weary to the bones. I have had the opportunity to lead our Moms ministry in celebrating All Saints Day. On Tuesday I gave a lecture at Redeemed Lives about coming present to our griefs through abstaining from addictions. We are always thrilled to have an opportunity to engage in ministry. Serving others inspires and ignites us. We love it. We are also limitted in our ventures out into the kingdom in this way by our stage of life (small kids) and John's physical weakness. And of course the ministry of the intimate kingdoms of home and work require our love and diligence daily.
We are not so well.
John is experiencing extreme fatigue, nausea. He feels cold all the time and experiences pain. He has a visible growth on his left shoulder, numerous "hot spots", places on his body that are hot to the touch from cancer activity, and growths I can feel on his right rib cage. These things have been around for a while, but have been less pressing. The fatigue John has causes him to fall asleep mid-sentence. I would expect this if it were mid-MY sentence, but I have seen him fall asleep in the middle of his own sentence!! :) He needs to eat, but nothing appeals to him. He threw up at the dinner table last night and just threw up at his office upon smelling the lunch I brought.
John has said recently, "Maybe I should go to Brazil this winter. If I am cold in this 50` weather, how will I do in 10`?" I am totally on board with the idea of a trip to the near tropics in the winter! Lord, guide our steps that we might glorify You and step into all you have for us. We love You. Come Lord Jesus, come.
Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is such an encouragement to me, Margie.
Thank you for sharing all this with us Margie, and thank you for all of the beautiful photos too.
Post a Comment