Difficult day. We have been at the hospital since 11 am, its now nearly 4 pm. John will receive blood and fluid for three more hours. At 7pm we will go over to the hospital for an ultrasound of his leg. There is most likely a blood clot. He gained four pounds this week, which can only be attributed to large amounts of fluid in his leg. He certainly doesn't eat enough to gain weight. This blood clot is giving him a lot of pain when he tries to get around. We are relatively certain that he has a bladder infection, too.
As I sit here at the hospital, I am feeling anxious. I love having this time with John and watching him cry out to the Lord moment by moment as well as crack jokes when they come to mind. I also feel torn that I am not with my children. They have had all-day play dates four out of the last five days. John's care has required my constant attention and I have needed this kind of support. At the same time it breaks my heart. Please continue to pray for the kids. Now that John's parents are here, I will not need to provide all of the care for John.
We have taken a lot of video footage in the last few days. I got a few moments of John talking on the phone to his friend Mario this morning. He was saying, "I am learning that life is all about loving others. No matter what is happening for me, I am to be loving others."
At 6am this morning, I got up to give John his medication. He was quite sprightly, and had things on his mind. I wanted to get even a few more minutes of sleep and finally had to say, "I'm not listening about Richard P. Strauss any longer. I am going to sleep!" I put a sock over my head and don't know if he kept talking or not!
No visitors right now, please.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear, dear Margie. We continue to pray for you and for John and for the kids.
May God continue to grant His healing and His peace to each one of you.
May God continue to do His good work in each of your lives.
And may God continue to use your lives to tell others about Himself.
jennifer
Post a Comment