Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Sunday, February 10, 2008

PRINCESS PARTY: NO BOYS ALLOWED


Tuesday, February 12th is Charlotte's 5th birthday.


We had a Princess Tea Party for her yesterday.


John was the King and crowned the princess before lunch. I was the Queen and also played a herald on my trumpet. Charlotte told us later that receiving her crown was scary.



Charlotte and I had a lot of fun planning it. We went to resale shops and bought cheap old jewelry for the princesses to try. Charlotte picked out $.50"stemware" for the Princess Punch. We got pink feather boas, glittery scarves and plastic rings.


Princess Gillian looking over the jewels.


Charlotte's room was transformed into a royal dressing room complete with 12 pairs of shoes, 4 wands, 15 dresses, 6 hand bags and 4 shawls!


Princess Gillian enjoying her tea.



I have never been in a room with so many lovely princesses. The girls were a true delight. I could tell they felt loved and honored as they sipped their tea, powdered their noses and received manicures.



Princesses Grace and Annalise




Princess Emily and Queen Sally giving a manicure.


Princess Madeleine Serving Tea


Princess Annalise Applying Make-Up


Charlotte said she LOVED it. She especially loved the gifts, she said. She also liked the canopy over the table. When she saw the tea tables she beamed, "Wow! A party is a PARTY!"



The Princess Tea Table

Princess Linea

Princess Caitlyn



Charlotte with my Mom who made the sandwiches for the adults.


Mimi and Charlotte showing off the lovely tea sandwiches Mimi made.



Charlotte chose the menu and Mimi made the tea treats. Turkey butterflies with red pepper, grapes, egg salad stars, cheese on blueberry bread, red and green apples, carrots with ranch dressing, cinammin toast.

Puppet Show: The Paper Bag Princess


Homemade Ice Cream



Golden Layer Lemon Curd Cake with FIVE candles! Make a wish!

Happy Birthday Princess Charlotte! We love you! King and Queen (Daddy and Mommy)

(Considering all the drama described in the next post, you can see why planning and doing this party was a welcome distraction for me!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Simply Beautiful!!! How can this not be the best birthday party ever for a 5 year old! I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing! All the recipes sound mouthwatering, especially since its Lent:)

Anonymous said...

Margie,

Poop is often a favorite topic of conversation at our house...so when I saw the photo of Josiah with his poop I had a good, hearty laugh :)

love,
julie mac

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Margie...
Just beautiful...
I slip in here often... pray for you and John.. PRAY for you and John. You mentor.
The party: joy and celebration in the midst...
We see Jesus in you...

Much love, sister...

At A Hen's Pace said...

Margie--

What a delightful party for Charlotte. How grown-up all those little girls are looking!!

Don't know if I missed or forgot it, but Charlotte has the same birthday as our #4! He's now 9.... Sigh.

So sorry to hear of John's increased pain. We will continue to pray. I'd love to hear more about what you're experiencing in your marriage--it sounds like something we all could benefit from! So glad for that grace for you both now.

Blessings--

Jeanne

Elizabeth said...

What a creative, fun way to celebrate your daughter. It was also fun to see Madeleine & Gillian. And I see two of your princesses are redheads - something I notice more these days.

Anonymous said...

Margie-

Wonderful to see Princess Charlotte, and all of you, enjoying this special day!!

I see the love and presence of Christ in you and your family all the time; & here esp. with joy in the midst as (Ann) commented above...

Though you may feel numb, Margie, you so trust Jesus is present at that (tea) table.

I'm praying during this latest turn of events & radiation rounds, for continued healing for John.
- Mary M