I forgot to mention last night another funny thing that happened during the discharge conversation with Dr. Hantel. In order for John to qualify for Home Health Care services, he cannot leave the house to go to work. He no longer has a full-time job, but he does have a flexible, part-time job at the library. As Dr. Hantel explained that a home health nurse would come by the house, John said, "What all does that involve? I guess I'd have to be there." Everyone chuckled and looked around in astonishment. Be there? Yes, John, I think you are going to be home for a while. I told John that if the home health nurse called, I would let him know so he could dash home in time for her arrival.
Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Eastertide
(Near the lamb you'll spot a nod to the pagan rites as well.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Can I just say (again) that there is only ONE John Fawcett?
I'm so thrilled that he's home, and we're still praying for healing!
Janna
Dear M&J,
I was delighted to have fresh revelation on Rez Day re: Mary the maudlin one at the tomb. Sounds like she came to complete the burial rite. God spoke to me about natural, yet foolish, assumptions.
Thank you for sharing God's mighty work in your lives. May He add more Strength.
ML
Margie:
Aisha and I thrilled about John's release from the hospital! We continue to pray for his healing. I'd like to meet John personally so bad because I think we have sooooooo much in common! We probably would bond in a second. I guess I'll have to wait. Meawhile, we envy the presence of Pr. Bill and Mary at your house. They are very precious to us! ENJOY!
Claudio (4 all of us from PA)
Tell John to start writing his book on his experiences! And, Margie, you should co-write it. Both of your blogs are so inspirational, funny, and last, but not least, wonderful examples of practicing God's presence in an imperfect world.
-Beth
Dear Mary, Thank you to keep writing updates for us, friends that you don't know, I just saw your family once in Calvary, but my family is praying for John. And we are very happy when you write good news from him.
As a mother, spouse and doctor I have a special prayer to you, a very strong mother and spouse making your family together.
God keep you in this way...
With Love and Care,
Jeanne Cetertick and family.
Margie, I just found out last night that John was AT HOME again, and recovered from his critical state last week! Amazing! I was praying throughout the Easter weekend for John, and I am astonished at God's mercy and power to heal. Praise Jesus for you, John, Charlotte and Josiah. "He is risen!"...in more ways than one ;)
Adam
Post a Comment