Dr. Hantel and his nurse Sue tried to convince John to have a hospital bed delivered to the house. John said, "Have you seen my bed?" Dr. Hantel said, "No, but I've seen 100's of hospital beds and they can be very helpful." John said, "Well, my bed is very nice." In short, he refused the hospital bed. I could see Sue just rolling her eyes like, "When is this guy going to give in and realize he is very sick?" One thing about John Fawcett is that he is TENACIOUS. He is gripping onto life like a tiger clenching a rabbit.
John had to get up and walk around the halls of the hosptial to see how his oxygen levels were. He maintained such good levels that he does not qualify for home oxygen.
I must go to bed. I've been staying up until 1 or 2 am writing updates for you friends.
We postponed our family Easter celebration for obvious reasons. I have Luciana's Cinnamon Rolls rising on my kitchen counter. I've been stuffing eggs with candy and preparing little Easter baskets for the children. When I left John's room after his 10pm meds I could see he was feeling better. He prayed out loud, "And Lord, please talk to your daughter (that's me) and tell her not to risk her own health by hoity-toity-ing around with an ancient pagan celebration of... I gently closed the door mid-prayer and smiled a satisfied smile of, "He's back."
2 comments:
Sitting here beaming. I laughed out loud at John refusing the hospital bed -- and his prayer for you.
Wonderful, wonderful wonderful!!!
Daily prayers.
Dashing to class,
Debbie Pope
Margie, that's FANTASTIC news! Hope your belated Easter celebration is wonderful!
Post a Comment