Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thyme for Soup

I decided to spend the day with the kids. We went out to breakfast and played at the park. John had a series of friends with him in the hospital all day. I will join him for dinner and spend the night.

Charlotte and I decided to make soup for John. His blood sugar is so low. He has trouble eating solid food. He'll be able to sip this butternut squash soup through a straw.




Charlotte dropped the spoon into the soup. She thought that was hilarious.



I had to include this picture because it reminds me of John. When we were first married he came into the kitchen when I was making dinner and said, "I see we do not clean up as we go." That's right. I love a huge mess.

When I got to the hospital tonight, John looked a teeny bit better. His oxygen level is better. He was hungry. He ate the soup and custard that I brought with JOY! One of the only complete sentences he said was, "Where are the refreshments?"

Please continue to pray that John will come to complete coherence during this hospital stay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Margie,
How I ache for you and John to be present at the Holy Week services. So many of the songs & prayers I lifted on your behalf tonight. I was especially struck by these lines in the liturgy, repeated twice in the introduction to the washing of feet. They are the Words of Christ, given to His disciples in the upper room before what He knew would be the greatest spritual challenge they would ever face...
"Peace is my last gift to you,
My own peace I now leave
with you: peace which the
world cannot give,
I give to you."

In His final night to speak freely with His disciples, as they went out to face shattering fear, treachery, and death, what was His LAST gift to them? His own peace. Peace later said to pass all human comprehension. And we now know that it is, somehow, even in the depths, sufficient for all that we will face.
May you and John know Christ's peace tonight. May it sink down into your bones; may it quiet your souls in the deep watches of the night. May it bring rest and may it bring healing as you
--as we all!!!-- wait upon the Lord's hand of mercy.
Love to each one of you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've been praying Psalm 90 for you today, not having known about John being hospitalized. vs. 16 "Let us see your miracles again; let our children see your glory at work." Oh God, your mercies are new every morning. Rain down your mercies and miracles on John and his family I humbly ask.
Rachel Newsom