Our community is gathering on several occasions this weekend.
You are welcome to join us in person or in prayer.
Thank you for your love and support, dear friends.
I will write about these experiences in the days ahead as the Lord gives space of heart and time.
Visitation
Friday 3pm to 9pm
Hultgren Funeral Home in Wheaton
Funeral
Saturday 10 am
Church of the Resurrection at Glenbard West High School in Glen Ellyn
Childcare provided Nursery through 5th Grade
Evening Prayer
Sunday 7pm
Pierce Chapel, Wheaton College
Service of prayer, memories, testimonies and music.
Additional information, the obituary and service information can be found at http://www.hultgrenfh.com/ .
May the Lord bless you and keep you,
Margie
Isaiah 58: 11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I read the link below today and immediately thought of you & John because of your post about his recent healing of memories. As my husband and I live in The Netherlands, we send this in love and anticipation of meeting Jesus and John in heaven one day. We pray that this weekends' ceremonies leave you filled with precious memories of your beloved and may they testify to God's grace.
With tremendous respect and heartfelt love, Dawn and Joe Spinks
http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2008/05/29/devotion.aspx
Margie, we are very sorry that we will not be there to fellowship with the family this weekend - the politics of our collective agreement and my work schedule conspire to keep us here in Toronto (in other words, cousins are not considered immediate enough family to qualify for bereavement leave, and I am working this weekend.) We are with you in spirit and with love.
Margie, we tried opening the funeral home website from Brazil but got an error. We succeeded through the following website:
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/home/home.cfm?fh_id=10184
Margie,
We had stand by tickets for John's service this week but alas, Micah has a double ear infection and we cannot attend. We are so sorry that we cannot be there to celebrate John's life. We love you and will be thinking of you and praying for you during your time of worship and remembrance. God's grace be upon you, Charlotte and Josiah.
Elsie
Dear Margie:
Since I cannot be with everyone this weekend, I thought I'd send a tribute this way. One of my earliest Sundays as a regular attender at Rez was the Sunday John announced that you were expecting Charlotte. What drew me to continue commuting all the way from Hyde Park for an entire year before moving west was in large part the worship at Rez, which was healing and life-giving to me after college years of doubt and struggle. I remember both you and John leading Sunday worship together several times, and I knew joy in watching your partnership. Several months later, having found out that John had gone to the U of C for his MLS, I asked him to come speak to my InterVarsity group, and he did...driving all the way in on a Friday night to give his talk on the wheat and the tares to our small ragtag group, even though he barely knew me at all. Afterwards, he spent extra time talking with students he'd never met before, extending hope and wisdom. Such warmth and willingness to sacrifice in order to extend God's kingdom, especially in leading towards worship of Him, are qualities I see in both of you--characteristics that keep leaking out, no matter what you do. How grateful I am for your leadership in worship together with John; how astounded I am that God drew me to Rez through the worship you and John led; how blessed and more firmly centered in God do I know myself to be through John's ministry and through yours. The fruit in so many lives has been watered by John's faithfulness. I pray you receive a taste of that this weekend. May the Lord continue to strengthen and uphold you, now and always.
Praying for and grieving with you,
Kirsten Guidero
Dear Margie, Charlotte and Josiah,
May the Lord truly hold you up and strengthen you this weekend as you reminisce and say "farewell for now" to your beloved husband and father... Though I cannot be there in person, will join you in spirit, in prayer for you and your family... May God embrace your hearts and keep you in the pinion of His wings.
Love and prayers,
Cristina.
what an amazing memorial service on Saturday. What a true testament to John's life. I was blessed by it. Love, Kate Zwiefelhofer
Margie
This morning I was listening to the Messiah...and I heard this in a new way...taking it as a very real prayer for you in these days.
20. Air
He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Isaiah 40:11
Come unto Him, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and He will give you rest.
Take His yoke upon you, and learn of Him; for He is meek and lowly of heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29
We were planning to attend the service celebrating John's life, but as it happened we were in The Netherlands ministering. On the very day John went home to the Lord we were teaching a day long seminar on "Healing of Memories." We shared the healing that John so recently received in the memory of crossing the Equator. (A man in attendance was a ship's captain and had crossed the Equator many times, attesting to the strange customs that were practiced). We told them that John had gone to the Lord that very morning and there was a collective sigh and prayers for him and all your family. So many people there remembered John from PCM's and asked us to send you their love. What a wonderful reminder his story is that we are always being healed in our spirit until we take our last breath. We have just returned home last night and send all your family our love and prayers from Mobile, as well as the love and prayers from countless people we were with in Germany and The Netherlands who have known and loved John over the years. Thank you for allowing us to walk through this with you in prayer and through The Fruitful Vine. Margie, you have indeed, personified the Biblical imagery of the fruitful vine that God intended for each husband. John was a blessed man to have you, Charlotte and Josiah as gifts from God.
Our love,
Signa and Conlee Bodishbaugh
Margie, God bless you and keep you in these days and weeks. I'm praying for you, Charlotte and Josiah. May God lead you beside still waters, bring peace to you and refresh you. In Jesus Christ,
Adam
Margie,
I know you're not blogging right now, but I wanted you to know I'm still praying for you every day.
Annie
Post a Comment