When John received the diagnosis of cancer metastasis one year ago, he had it in his heart to start a blog. He did start a blog and you can read his entries by clicking the link Married Bloggers on the right side bar here on The Fruitful Vine. John has not been able to write for some time, although he still has the desire to do so. He came to the computer this morning at 6am and tried to do some writing. He was not successful. When John started his blog I asked him if I could post a few photos on it and give an update on the family. He tried to say as kindly as he could, "Get your own blog." Thus the Fruitful Vine was born--- planted. He is so proud of me and this blog. He encourages everyone to read it saying, "The Lord is using it."
I have found blogging a great delight. Writing has been a great way to express my heart and pay attention to what the Lord is teaching me. I would write the blog for my own edification, but I am filled with delight when I hear that people read it. Only the Lord can transform something painful and withering into fruit and life for others. Praise the Lord. This blog has kept me from feeling lonely and isolated as much as that is possible.
I also recently found out that there is a way to make a hardcover book out of a blog. This is a dream come true for me, as this blog is one of the ways I hope to tell the children what this season of our lives was like.
Several things I have posted on the blog have turned difficult situations into pools of water. During the long, bitter Chicago winter I put this picture of our sliding glass door covered with ice.
Sleeping Two Inches from Ice
You can read the entire post here: http://margiefawcett.blogspot.com/search?q=The+Frozen+Chosen
A few weeks after I put the photo on my blog, I received an email that an anonymous donor was giving us a new sliding glass door. Can you imagine? It took several months to work out the details, but our new door was installed yesterday. Thanks be to God and thanks to the Icy Door Rescue Mission Team!
Sliding Glass Door Installation
After a post about juicing organic vegetables we received a Gift Card to Whole Foods. After a post on enjoying pizza in the Cancer Center we received a Gift Card for Lou Malnati's!
Perhaps you'll remember the post around Easter when I said that John was exhorting me for "hoity-toitying" around with pagan celebration rites. That week I received this gift with a card that said, "For your hoity-toitying." I loved it.
When I wrote the post about all of the wonderful things my in-laws did when they were here, I said something like, "Doesn't that bed look inviting? The only thing missing is the mint on the pillow." The next day this box of candy appeared on my doorstep with a note, "For your pillow." It makes me smile just thinking of it.
And so I thank you all for reading The Fruitful Vine. My friend Mark said to me yesterday, "I shouldn't read your blog during my first period study hall. The students are going to look up and see the tears rolling down my face!" We are grateful beyond expression for the way you all have held us in your hearts. Thank you.
10 comments:
Margie.
I am sure this is not the path you would have chosen to bless so many people, but I thank you for letting us walk with you and learn so much from your journey. I am a changed person because of you!
With Great Admiration & Continued Prayers,
Krista Enoch
Margie,
I,too, will never be the same after sharing your journey through reading this blog. The Lord has taught me so much about Himself and His glorious ways through your lives. It is a privilege to pray for you, John and the children.
It would be wonderful if you just keep posting for years. I feel like you and your family have become dear friends.
Bless you,
Dore'
I am interested in making our blogs into hardcover books. Can you please give me the link of the website that provides this?
Margie,
I'm so glad to hear you will be looking into publishing your blog. I've wanted to mention it for some time, certain that others already have. . .
Praying for you all,
Karen Scandrett
Thanks be to God for His abundant outpourings of JOY! Thank you for opening your heart to the world with the circumstances of your life. You are a blessing!
love,
julie mac
Margie,
We continue to read your blog several
times a week. Thank you for keeping us updated so openly. We have both
gained much from your pictures of
what it means to be 'suffering, yet
in the presence/light of our Lord'
love and prayers,
Jessie Quetua
Dear Margie, John, and children:
Just a note to let you know that the Wheaton in the Holy Lands trip is praying for you all as part of our regular spiritual disciplines. We're in Jerusalem right now, and I'm carrying you in my thoughts and prayers as we walk throughout the city.
Much love,
Kirsten
Dearest Margie,
Look how far The Vine has traveled and blessed you with doors, mints, food and hoity toity's! whoohoo!
I look forward to reading your blog, wanting to know how John is doing, about the kids and how you are holding up.
I find myself too feeling isolated and lonely being so far from loved ones but your blog is like reading letters from home. It has been a blessing. Thank you for sharing.
um beijo
Sandra Fatio
São Paulo, Brazil
The fruit of this vine nourishes...because it is rooted in Him.
Thank you for the humble privilege of praying for you all...
All's grace,
Ann
My dad uses blogging all of the time. It really helps him promote his book.
I have learned so much from your blogs, I can't believe it! I have also spent a lot of time praying for you and I'll keep doing it!
Post a Comment