Isaiah 58: 11

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs
in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your bones.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose
waters never fail.





Friday, July 18, 2008

I Hit the Wall

The Garage Sale was a great success. We had well over one hundred shoppers. We sold all kinds of things including the moo-moo. By the time we (me, my parents and three friends) pulled everything out of the house in 90 degree heat I was exhausted. I had such a splitting headache I went inside to lie down. Inside I burst into tears feeling overwhelmed and in total disarray. I am glad I went through everything in my house, but I am ready for this phase to be over. We all agreed to pack everything up and call it quits at the end of today's sale. My parents invited me to their home for the night, so we packed our jammies and are putting our feet up in a lovely, orderly and hospitable home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margie,
Happy Sunday!
It was a bit far to go to your garage sale-since I'm in California. I'm so glad to hear you had such great success.
Blessings,
Dore'

Anonymous said...

Margie!

Thought about you all weekend while I was in Galena. Was hoping and praying the storms were not a menace to your yard sale extravaganza!

This morning I'm realizing that perhaps the rains were a reign of grace.

I'll call ya later.

Love you guys,

Sal

P.S. (Tell Luciana those cookies at the sale were the best I've ever tasted in my life!!! I hope she's a recipe sharer!)

Smith said...

Margie, I was so glad to hear/read that you took Mary Jane up on her offer of spending the night there. And I hope on your return, things felt a bit less overwhelming. Today Lori Carlson helped me bring in the shelves I got at your garage sale, and they're perfect! They are a perfect fit in my kitchen closet to make a pantry, and Lori and I got things very organized in there, which felt wonderful. Those shelves were actually an answer to prayer for me, though it sounds silly. God used the crazy garage sale in 90+ heat to provide this thing for me, as He must've provided for many others that day. Oh, and I'm also loving the purse I got, etc.

I'm glad for you that it's over, though, and I hope once the dust settles (figuratively) you'll be relieved at what you've cleared out. You and your family continue to be in my prayers, dear Margie. ~Bonita